Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

accomadation east coast Negros

Posted by sapote on 14/1/2011 at 17:23

hello friends, need some info about cheap accomadation east coast Negros. am in Dumagete, biking north to San Carlos. wonder if i will be able to find places to stay bewteen big towns, besides beach resorts. would also like to go to Mabinay, hotels/pensione houses there? thanx for any suggestions advice

#1 sapote has been a member since 12/10/2009. Posts: 27

Posted by goonistik on 14/1/2011 at 19:01

Hi!

Your best bet would be to go to the Municipal Office at Mabinay and ask the people around there. Be sure to tell them your budget because "budget" tourism is just beginning in the Philippines. If you are going to explore the caves, you are going to the municipal office anyway to arrange the cave tour and pay the fees.

The only place I can find in Mabinay is
http://www.mountainvalleyguestinn.com/travel-to-mountain-valley.htm

The Provincial Office is at Dumaguete. If you are still in Dumaguete, there should be a tourism office there and they might have more suggestions for you.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by goonistik on 14/1/2011 at 19:03

Oopsss found another one

TIRAMBOLO HIGHLAND RESORT
Paniabonan, Mabinay Negros Oriental
Dgte. Desk: tel #: (035) 225-1858

from here
http://www.negroschronicle.com/hotels.html

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563

Posted by sapote on 15/1/2011 at 12:27

goonistik, you are a constant wealth of info! and i thank you. you have been a great companion on this journey :)

#4 sapote has been a member since 12/10/2009. Posts: 27

Posted by goonistik on 16/1/2011 at 11:02

Let me know how things work out. Thanks for bringing up Mabinay. I never knew there were caves there. I have a love-hate relationships with caves.

#5 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.