Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

Full Moon @ Philippines

Posted by berdichev on 9/2/2011 at 18:54

To All the travelllers around Asia. we will be having the first lunar full moon party in a hidden paradise of Port Barton in Palawan.
The crazy event will take place on the 18th of february @ Port Barton beach.
there will be a live dj to play reggae , trance and techno music.
tons of alcohol + good food along with fire dancing , body painting + henna tattoo artists.
everybody are welcome to join us and have fun with locals and people from all over the world.
u gonna be amazed of the beauty and charm of port barton.
c u on the beach!

#1 berdichev has been a member since 9/2/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by ooooaaaa on 15/9/2014 at 18:09

.... shamanic -goa trance- dance party ?........ drugs, drunk, noise.......... avoid this like the plague, if you value green beautiful palawan. the full moon party scene is over rated trash, on the other hand it is still a free world, choose wisely. iHope this doesn't sound too harsh. sigh. matt

#2 ooooaaaa has been a member since 15/9/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by redpirate427 on 18/9/2014 at 09:07

I'm Filipino and I've been to Sabang where the Underground River is, but did not push through a trip to Port Barton though I heard it's a bit of a beach paradise as yet untrammeled by the kind of tourists one might see in Koh Phangan. I'm currently in Thailand and rethinking whether to go to Koh Phangan for the 'authentic' FMP because of recent events in nearby Koh Tao. I'm dreading this party kind of atmosphere to descend unto Palawan, at least around the PPUR area; the rocky end of Sabang beach still has a very raw feel to it where one can gaze at the stars without the intrusive party music, and if such thing becomes popular, I doubt if there will be any of that serenity left in a once very quiet escape.

#3 redpirate427 has been a member since 2/6/2014. Posts: 11

Posted by antoniamitchell on 18/9/2014 at 13:21

I admit, I don't get why you'd _want_ to hold a party like this in a "hidden paradise" because if 500 or 1000 people turn up for a massive party, it's by definition not hidden anymore. Surely people who are genuinely looking for a hidden paradise don't want to be there with 1000 other partygoers, and those looking for a massive party don't want a hidden paradise (at that time) because hidden paradises by definition don't have massive parties....

#4 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Location: Singapore. Posts: 510
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by exacto on 18/9/2014 at 13:39

the original post is from February 2011. somtam recently posted a feature article on the full moon party in Thailand. worth a read at:

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.