Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

Cheapest flights to Phillipines

Posted by mic59 on 30/1/2013 at 06:39

I have booked myself a 77-day holiday in Thailand which I am thinking of breaking with a 3-week stay in the Phillipines. I have had a look at a cheap flights website and found I can get a return from Bangkok to Manila for AU$468. Does anyone know if there would be a cheaper way? This seems pretty good to me but if I could get a better price it would be appreciated. Also, I've never been to the Phillipines. Apart from the local food, always a very important part of any holiday I take, is there anywhere you would recommend?

#1 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Posted by goonistik on 30/1/2013 at 09:05

Air fare depends on your travel dates so with that caveat....

For a flight around the end of April and a return flight in May, a round trip flight BKK-MNL on Cebu Pacific is 6750 THB (about AU$217). If you look around the other budget airlines, you'll probably find a similar rate.

AU$468 seems to be the regular fare. If you are able to book in advance expect to about half of that.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by mic59 on 30/1/2013 at 11:31

Thanks, had a look at that. I would be travelling around 7-28 October but it seems to come to pretty much the same cost. In fact there is a promo fare so with the additional checked baggage allowance I would require and taxes it comes to around 9000THB(AU$300). The $468 one that I had found was inclusive of charges and taxes so still a fair saving.
Just to note something else I noticed when researching these flights, booking the flights separately can be a huge saving. I tried a multi-stop scenario of ADL-BKK, BKK-MNL, MNL-BKK, BKK-ADL and came up with flights on one airline(Singapore) costing $3221. These two flights were a QANTAS sale for $918 and this $300 flight, a total of $1218.

#3 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Posted by timpotte on 13/2/2013 at 20:02

I just did a search for Cebu Pacific. This is a budget air line that operates out of Cebu Philippines. A trip ticket is 150 USD or 4482 THB each way plus taxes..

That seems lower then what you posted. Either way

#4 timpotte has been a member since 2/2/2013. Posts: 6
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.