Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

Ati Atihan and Sinulog 2014

Posted by Harry05 on 18/9/2013 at 09:54

On my trip to the Phillipines (2014) I would like to visit the Ati Atihan (Kalibo) and Sinulog festival (Cebu City) but the highlights of both festivals seem to be in the same weekend, although I found some different information about the dates of the Ati Atihan. For the Ati Atihan I found 10-19 january but also 20-26 january (and starting the 3rd monday in january). The Sinulog weekend seems to be on january 18 and 19.

About this a few questions:

1. Can someone tell the exact days of both festivals and tell which dates are the highlights of both festivals?

2. If the highlights are on the same dates, which would you choose to visit and would it be an alternative to visit the other festival before or afterwards?

3. Are there stands, do you have to reserve seats/places in advance or you can just walk around almost everywhere?

4. How far ahead do I need to book a room in advance?

5. Recommendations/advice?

Thanks answering in advance,

#1 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.