Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

Booking flights

Posted by aristiza on 30/4/2014 at 13:07

Hello Guys! i am looking to book a flight to the philippines for early July. I am in Miami Fl, US. but will probably be looking to fly out of LA. or whatever is cheapest. any recommendations on certain airlines or websites i should check out to find the best price? what do you guys use?
Thank you!

#1 aristiza has been a member since 30/4/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by busylizzy on 30/4/2014 at 15:27

I use Skyscanner as my starting point to understand what airlines fly where, and possible routes. Sometimes, it's easier to do a 'reverse' search - ie From Phillipines to Anywhere - and see what options it gives you for direct flights. Adioso is another useful search at times.

For flights within Asia, I like Air Asia. Not sure who the Phillipine airlines are, but also check out their websites directly.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by goonistik on 30/4/2014 at 23:39

I prefer ITA software.

You can search on google "Miami Manila flights" and your options will come out. ITA has the advantage of having more flexible search options.

If you want a direct flight from LAX to MNL Philippine Airlines is the only option AFAIK.

The usual route is to fly from the USA into one of the following: South Korea, Japan, or China. Than from there get a flight to Manila. Other possible connecting points are Hong Kong or Taipei, Taiwan.

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by aristiza on 1/5/2014 at 09:24

Alot of usefull info! thank you guys for the respond! i am basicly looking at the cheapest flight to get to south east asia from the states, and so far it looks like it would philippines, and then connect to any of the neighbor SEA countries from there. or do you guys know of any cheaper options??

i dont care about doing layovers, but for example LAX to bangkok is about $700 usd one way. when LAX to Manila is about $500 and Manila to bangkok is about $120. so my stay at philippines would pay for itsself.

any better options would be highly apreciated. thank you!

#4 aristiza has been a member since 30/4/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by davidurmann on 13/7/2014 at 13:07

You may be able to find cheaper with but only if they have some type of promo. They depart LAX. I agree that is a good bet. You can find cheap connections to Manila from Hong Kong, Jakarta and Singapore from CebuPacific.

#5 davidurmann has been a member since 29/3/2014. Posts: 4
 Send davidurmann a private message   Where has davidurmann been?   Facebook    Pinterest 

Posted by vuongthithuy on 24/9/2014 at 23:53

Posted from within Vietnam.

and so far it looks like it would philippines

#6 vuongthithuy has been a member since 23/9/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by daawgon on 28/9/2014 at 13:20

July is high season leaving the States - meaning you won't get a very low price. I only fly the best (Asiana Airlines of Korea), and they have brand new Airbus A380 service from Los Angeles as far as Seoul where you connect for a nonstop to the Philippines. I would book that flight well in advance if you want Asiana.

#7 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,129
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by Paul999 on 8/1/2015 at 06:17

WhichAirline is another useful site to check out, some of the flights listed can be insanely cheap sometimes

#8 Paul999 has been a member since 8/1/2015. Posts: 7

Posted by stojke on 18/5/2015 at 07:22

Last December we used expedia, founded some really good deal fro flight Taipei - Manila - Palawan.

But one thing i really don't like is delay for flights, especially domestic ones (Philipphines) , be prepared for hours of waiting :(

Also when we flight back from Puerto Princessa , for the 1st time in my life i seen and experienced Fog in the plane cabin,

It was evening 43+ C outside, and humidity was really high, in combination with air conditioner in the plane, caused Fog, on 1st view looked scary.

#9 stojke has been a member since 18/5/2015. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.