Text page

Philippines

Philippines forum

Know any Homestays in the Philippines?

Posted by SebBice on 28/10/2014 at 05:31

My family and I (2 adults, 3 children under 12) will be in the Philippines from mid June to mid July 2015. We are interested in homestays with local people, being involved in their way of life, eating their food etc. Any area will be considered. I would like 100% of my money (if possible) to go to my host and the local community in which we stay, rather than admin fees for an internet site. However, internet site info is also welcome. We have basic needs and can all sleep in together. River bathing, squat toilets, cold water and floor mats for sleeping all ok. We'd like to spend time at local schools, orphanages, rural villages, beaches, community centres et. Any ideas welcome.

#1 SebBice has been a member since 28/10/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by Babalugats on 2/11/2014 at 20:10

Lake Sebu

#2 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 74

Posted by baguiocity on 25/11/2014 at 05:37

Transient houses should give you the experience you are looking for. I would recommend you visit the rural areas if you want a taste of the "real culture". Baguio City, the Summer Capital City of the Philippines is an ideal place I'd recommend. It's got culture and history and its proximity to other great places such as Ifugao (where the Banaue Rice Terraces is located), Benguet etc. makes is a good tourist destination.

#3 baguiocity has been a member since 25/11/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by mhay7ph on 22/1/2015 at 21:02

Hi,

If you might be interested to stay and know CALABARZON area, I can offer you our place. Its a house in Laguna, you can send m private message so we can discuss about your plan. Take note June-July is wet season, so expect rainy days.

#4 mhay7ph has been a member since 22/1/2015. Posts: 1

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.