Text page

Philippines

Philippines forum

Philippines security and weather

Posted by magicFly on 16/11/2014 at 08:54

Hi,

I think about going to the Philippines in december and spend christmas and news years there? Can anyone give me some information about the current security situation, as I heard reports of kiddnapping and riots going on. Is it safe to travel the phillipines? Which areas should be avoided?

Also can someone please give me some Information about the weather in december? I read different things? Is the rainy season still goin on? How about typhoons? I wan't to have good weather and most of the time just enjoy the nice beaches.

What other places do you recommend for spending christmas and new years in SEA? I want to be at the beach and have some good time as I am getting a little bit tired of travelling at the moment ;)

#1 magicFly has been a member since 13/7/2014. Posts: 61

Posted by goonistik on 16/11/2014 at 22:30

It is safe to travel to the Philippines though you will want to avoid Tawi-tawi and Sulu.

Rainy season lasts up to about October/early November. December weather is usually sunny and cooler than usual.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563

Posted by Babalugats on 10/12/2014 at 14:05

Have you arrived in Metro Manila? It's raining down south (in Mindanao), so your choices are narrowed to Palawan and the islands in the Visayas region. Either destination, you're safe. The climate was cool a year ago, but it would seem to be a bit warmer this year.

#3 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 74

Posted by Elis on 15/12/2014 at 06:36

This was also my question. I wanted to go somewhere with warm weather but then i had doubts because of the critical situation and i chose italy skiresort www.stroblhof.com It is sth extremely different but secure I think. Hope to have nice days there.

#4 Elis has been a member since 15/12/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by magicFly on 15/12/2014 at 07:20

I am in the Philippines since two weeks now. Everything is alright. I feel very safe and the weather is good. Just when the typhoon was going on, there was some rain. I escaped north to Banaue and Sagada. That was the only time the weather was not good. I'm in Bohol since a week and the weather is perfect. Going to Palawan in a few days.

No worries to come here. People are friendly and the weather is good. It's just a little bit more expensive than I am used to it, but thats a different storry ;)

#5 magicFly has been a member since 13/7/2014. Posts: 61

Posted by Ana89 on 16/12/2014 at 10:32

Hey guys. I read your posts and i really want to share some experience with you. Well concerning Philipines, i went there last July. The weather was not that cold and comfortable to stay there. I visited some places ( I was not that impressed but anyway good experience ) and about the security it is ok more over secure and liberal. I also want to share some special website link which has wonderful offers for this part of the world so it might be of great use for you. Btw i use this company's services and i am very satisfied. Here is the link you can take a look: http://goo.gl/VG3cts. You can see the steps for choosing your destination by signing up first. Hope it will of some help

#6 Ana89 has been a member since 16/12/2014. Posts: 3

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.