Text page

Philippines

Philippines forum

El Nido or Coron for christmas

Posted by magicFly on 6/12/2014 at 05:48

Hi,

I will spend christmas at Palawan. Now I am wondering whats the best option for christmas. El Nido or Coron. I want to hang out at the beach at christmas and go to some bars in the evening to meet people and have a good time. Don't want to spend christmas alone but I also don't want to have a big party with thousands of people (eg full moon party). Where would you go?

Should I book accomondation in advance. I am on a budget, so I am looking for the cheap places [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]. Thx

#1 magicFly has been a member since 13/7/2014. Posts: 61

Posted by Jockie on 6/12/2014 at 21:39

El Nido will have a bit more going on I think, but will still be pretty quiet. I'm spending Christmas in Boracay and having a quieter New Year in El Nido.

Definitely book your accommodation in advance - I booked mine in November and they were selling fast so I'd sort out where you're staying as soon as possible.

#2 Jockie has been a member since 28/10/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by janeynz on 9/12/2014 at 05:32

I went to El Nido last year for New Years and I think it's a really nice place. People included us in their celebrations and everyone was friendly. We didn't book accommodation, we just turned up an had no problems finding any.

#3 janeynz has been a member since 2/3/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by Sandratravels on 17/5/2016 at 05:38

We spent Christmas in El Nido and it was lovely. Our accommodation put a special buffet dinner for all the guests including a huge roast suckling pig it was amazing so highly recommend there! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#4 Sandratravels has been a member since 5/5/2016. Posts: 1

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.