Text page

Philippines

Philippines forum

Philippines in 21 days. Options?

Posted by niggles on 28/7/2015 at 04:14

Hey all,
Going to Phils middle of next month for about 3 weeks. Was kinda undecided if i would be in Phils or spend half time visiting Hanoi either first half or second of my time. Anyways, looking through various forums, i get the impression not many want to or advise people to hang around manila for any length of time - in some cases used as a jump off point to Cebu or other islands. Is manila that boring or unappealing?. Im not into beaches not adventuring, although i dont mind light trekking/hiking (plan to see Sagada + Banuwe rice terraces at some point) - what are the main highlights of Manila ppl should see? (Tagaytay seems to be recommended as is San Augustin's church).Plan to go to Cebu and also Surigao and/or IloIlo. Bearing in mind i also am seeing friends along the way, what portion of my time should i spend in Manila considering other places i intend to visit? (trust me was a hard decision not to jump to Hanoi...).
First time visitor to Philippines as well.

cheers
Nigs

#1 niggles has been a member since 25/7/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by Gogomobile on 4/8/2015 at 09:59

Not into beaches? Why go there then? That would be the only reason Id go.

#2 Gogomobile has been a member since 14/4/2015. Posts: 412

Posted by Gogomobile on 4/8/2015 at 10:00

If you want culture and food go to Thailand. Bangkok is the best large city in asia.

#3 Gogomobile has been a member since 14/4/2015. Posts: 412

Posted by Babalugats on 16/8/2015 at 04:33

Are you in the Philippines? If you dig culture, then you might consider Lake Sebu.

#4 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 74

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.