Text page

Philippines

Philippines forum

travelling to Siargao in October

Posted by Marieke83 on 14/8/2015 at 04:09

Hi Guys,
We are planning a trip to Siargao (philippines) end of september and october this year.
According to many surf forums and travel blogs, october should be a very good period to travel to Siargao (especially for surfing). Just what just worries me a bit is the fact that october should be the most risky period of the typhoon season in philippines.
Does anyone have experience with travelling in october to Philippines and Siargao in particulary?

- Is Siargao itself a risky area for typhoons?
- Is there a big risk that flights will be cancelled in this period because of bad weather around?
- One other question, do you think we need to book our return flight from Siargao back to Manila (by Cebu) in advance?

Thank you for your reactions!

#1 Marieke83 has been a member since 14/8/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by Babalugats on 16/8/2015 at 04:29

Siargao is located in Northeastern Mindanao (or Caraga). Rainy season is from November to March. This is the weather pattern in Caraga, but there have been unexpected changes in weather patterns in other parts of the world. If I'm not mistaken, Cebu Pacific has Manila-Siargao flights. I hope you'll have the time to visit Bucas Grande Island, located at the back of Siargao. It will take a few hours by boat.

#2 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 74

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.