Text page

Philippines

Philippines forum

Stranded with no holiday insurance

Posted by mattg28 on 6/6/2016 at 14:52

Ok not sure if anyone can advise , but my friends dad is stuck in the Philippines and is in intensive care with no travel insurance , does anyone know if there are any charities that can help ?

#1 mattg28 has been a member since 6/6/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by DLuek on 7/6/2016 at 00:30 TF writer

You could start a crowdsourcing campaign at a site like gofundme.com and try to spread the word on social media. Also your friend should get in touch with the local embassy of whatever country the guy is a citizen of.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,346

Posted by amnicoll on 7/6/2016 at 05:30

I am sorry but I am far less sympathetic - If you chose to travel without travel insurance then I do not see why you should expect others to pay when you end up in trouble

hard I know but I have noticed more of these appeals for help recently

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 1/7/2016 at 22:07

the best tips i could suggest is going to the mosque or church and tell your situation to the people who are working/in charge that place. they would help you to find way out.

#4 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.