Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

Philippines trip

Posted by dadudadu on 14/12/2016 at 15:11

Hello all,
I am Radu and i am from Romania.
I want to be in Manila from 28.12 to celebrate the new year there and then to go to Cebu, Boracay and other locations.
I have flexible time and do not have a set up plan.
So, if anybody want to go with me or to come along i will be more than happy.
I love to travel but not alone, i am not a solo backpacker.
My budget is middle to low.
Thanks.

#1 dadudadu has been a member since 14/12/2016. Posts: 1

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by AugustinsBohol on 27/12/2016 at 00:52

Hey Radu,
Hope you're doing well. I just saw this and thought I would offer a suggestion of coming to Bohol (just south of Cebu).
Me and my friends (Americans) recently moved to Jagna, Bohol and we are planning New Years festivities.
If you decide to come, I suggest you stay at Paseo Del Mar.
If you want to know what we are like, you can check our blog.
Good luck and safe travels!

#2 AugustinsBohol has been a member since 27/12/2016. Location: United States. Posts: 1
 Send AugustinsBohol a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by TWGD on 27/12/2016 at 04:40

Hi Radu,

First thing you have to know about travelling to the Philippines is that public transportation in the bigger cities are a pain in the a**. Apart from having an open-line phone to use local SIM cards, I suggest you download and install apps like Uber and/or Grab. This ensures that the cab drivers don't overcharge you from the get go.

Expect accommodation to be a little expensive in Manila and Cebu, specially if you're only after a place to rest your head. I suggest you get a place in the Makati neighborhood despite being a little more expensive. I remember they have a few hostels there. From there its an easy commute to Manila's hip places and is also accessible to the main highways to and from the airports (a hell to get to).

If there is anything else you need, just let me know.

#3 TWGD has been a member since 27/12/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by nessaantolin on 4/1/2017 at 00:46

Hey Radu,

When will you be there until? Any chance you're still there in March?

#4 nessaantolin has been a member since 3/1/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by nessaantolin on 4/1/2017 at 00:46

Hey Radu,

When will you be there until? Any chance you're still there in March?

#5 nessaantolin has been a member since 3/1/2017. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.