Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

Planning my Philippines trip

Posted by dylantombides on 2/5/2017 at 16:31

3 weeks in the Philippines in September.

I land in Manila and fly from Manila at the end of my trip. To get the most out of my trip I want to leave Manila airport that same night to my first destination. However I land in Manila at 6.55pm which limits where I can fly to at this time.

I'd like to visit in no order:

1) Palawan

2) Bohol

3) Cebu island as my base and from there go to Oslob, Siquijor, Siargao, Camiguin, Apo Island.

I have realised I have chosen too many places to see in only 21 days. Where should I remove from my trip? In terms of not worth doing/seeing but also being a pain to get to or requiring a lot of time to see.

Also in which order should I do it to save the most time and save costs?

#1 dylantombides has been a member since 2/5/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by hellomoto84 on 6/5/2017 at 08:46

Hey,

Can't help with all the questions but just a few ideas. Take a look at 2GoTravel who operate a ferry from Manila to Coron and then onward to Puerto Princessa (Palawan). It only runs on certain days but we took it a few weeks back and found it good - it's overnight and sleeping conditions are like a massive dorm but cheaper than flying.

Be aware that travel in the Philippines can be quite expensive when compared to other places in Asia and it can also be time consuming - distances which look short can sometimes take a long time due to poor roads. Probably makes sense route wise to go Manila to Palawan by ferry (if timings work) and then fly to Cebu from Puerto Princessa. Alternatively internal flight Manila to Cebu and then ferry to Bohol, flight to PP, ferry back to Manila....

We actually ended up cutting our visit short and skipped Cebu, Bohol due to recent news reports - worth checking travel advice for the area to see what it's like there currently. We probably over reacted and have heard from others since that their travel there has been fine but just some tips.

In our two weeks we only visited Coron, El Nido (Tapik Beach) and Port Barton which we'd recommend if you're after more chilled - there are still plenty of places to drink and meet others but we kept clear of El Nido main town as from what we'd heard it didn't sound like our kind of place. From all the places we visited there are plenty options to do island hopping for a day, go snorkelling or diving etc.

Sorry doesn't answer your specifics about where to see but hopefully someone else can give some tips on the other areas.
Good luck,
Helen

#2 hellomoto84 has been a member since 13/3/2017. Posts: 9

Posted by adammont on 16/5/2017 at 03:16

Hi, my wife and i have just booked for 3 weeks at the end of october....Not sure about flight times but my idea was something similar.... we will be flying to cebu from hong Kong, spending around a week or so visiting this area, including (hopefully) Bohol. Then I was planning to fly to puerto princessa and travelling up to el nido... before Making our way back to hong Kong probably via manila...

I think this is a logical route but open to suggestions :)

#3 adammont has been a member since 6/4/2011. Posts: 22
 Send adammont a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.