Text page

Philippines

Philippines forum

Possible Trip to the Philippines - Need a secondary Location.

Posted by bazal on 19/9/2017 at 08:05

Heya,

Was looking for an exotic location - a friend suggested Boracay.. then I stumbled on Palawan and things went from there.

?

Real quick:

People: Me (33), Mother (60) and Brother (28)

Time: 2 Weeks - but that includes flights... so more like 10-11 days

When: Likely last week of April and first week of May

Airport: Canada, Windsor or

?

Interests: BEACH, swimming, beach, swimming… We LOVE a beautiful BEACH/water. We love water sports – swimming, snorkeling, Scuba (for me alone ^_________^). We also love hiking (tougher ones for my brother and I – like mountains or volcanoes), forests, mountains wildlife and culture/cultural shows. Basically we like to spend our vacation with activities and then R & R at a beach in front of our Hotel- either at the end of the vacation or in the afternoon daily.

?

So - my thoughts are 1-2 days in Puerto Princessa (Day 1 Arrival + Jet Lag, Day 2 Underground River)... then transfer to El Nido and doing 4 days of Island Hopping... then going XXX to Scuba/Snorkel/Relax on the beach location. I would LOVE to also swim with whale sharks if that works out

?

So - with El Nido I know there's Island Tour A through D... that's 4 days - I think that's worth it... but I also wonder if I should do something in El Nido itself any thoughts?

?

Now for the second location - I would appreciate some advice! I thought about Coron - but I hear there's no good beach. My friend said to avoid Boracay because it's so busy and expensive - looks amazing though. Bohol is another location I was thinking about - I never see it teamed up with El Nido - but the flight times aren't bad (3 hours I think through Manila unless I'm missing out on something)

Alona beach in Bohol looks amazing!!! Would love to find accommodations as close to that beach as possible and the fact that the diving is great is a bonus. El Nido has these amazing above water bungalows - I'm assuming you probably can't find those in Bohol. Anyway, I can't be selfish and have to think of the family as a whole. So I need to know if this is the right second location for us.

?

The thing is... I'm looking at things that can be done in Bohol and I'm worried that it may be a bit underwhelming after El Nido and the Island tours. I definitively want to visit the Tastier sanctuary. The chocolate hills seem nice - but not necessary a must-do. There's a firefly tour I'm interested in (can also do in Puerto Princessa).

?

Anyway - for snorkeling/diving looks like is the way to go (not sure how "far") it is from Bohol - they don't seem connected but they are pretty close....

Anyway I can't find pricing on the diving (I'm sure it's reasonable or at least I hope)... but I read a lot of negative reviews on the snorkeling:

?

Any thoughts/advice on any of the above/a secondary location?

?

Thanks!!

PS. Feel free to privately message me.

#1 bazal has been a member since 2/8/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by cardkleener on 25/9/2017 at 17:51

I have been to many of the places you're speaking of.
Bohol might be good for a couple days. Alona beach is ok. Best to wear water shoes. I stepped on a sea urchin and it stung quite a bit. There's the Chocolate hills, Tangiers, caves etc. in Bohol.
The trip from Puerta Princess to El Nido was a long day. We stopped half way at a beautiful beach. We stayed overnight at the cabins provided. You could walk out in the ocean for 100 yrds and still be up to your hips. I'll have to get the name of the place for you. Or the person that ran the trip. It was very inexpensive.
Stay away from Boracay. Too many foreigners and it's expensive.
If you like the beach you can try Puerta Galera White Beach. You can take a motorcycle taxi to Sabang for your scuba diving. No beach there though.
If you want private message me. I go to Windsor almost every Friday.

#2 cardkleener has been a member since 2/6/2013. Location: Canada. Posts: 15

Posted by cardkleener on 26/9/2017 at 07:36

The name of the Place in Puerta Princess that travels to El Nido and takes people to the underground river, overnight stay, food. Is Victoria Guest House. Very friendly nice people there.

#3 cardkleener has been a member since 2/6/2013. Location: Canada. Posts: 15

Posted by cardkleener on 26/9/2017 at 07:42

Bazal I am unable to PM you. You have to go to profile management and turn on messaging. It's off by default.

#4 cardkleener has been a member since 2/6/2013. Location: Canada. Posts: 15

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.