Photo: On the road to Pindaya.

Cameras and travel photography forum

The Best Digital Camera for Wildlife Photography

Posted by urbantango on 11/11/2010 at 20:46

I found this post on the Latin Lounge about the FZ38 digital camera. Having read this I went out and purchased one for my trip to East Africa. Thoroughly recommend this camera for the money and the performance.

#1 urbantango has been a member since 7/11/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by AbgAcid on 11/11/2010 at 23:08

yup, it certainly is. With a relatively fast lens opening at f2.8 and spans till 4.4 at the telezoom end is quite incredible. The ultrazoom range of 18x make life easier for travellers, a single package lens without the need to horde along 2 or 3 lenses as SLR. Travel and photography can never be separated.
It has a sharp lens too, built by Leica. As most people know Leica produces some very good lenses, crisp and sharp.

I love this camera, been with me for a year. Its marketed under the model DMC FZ35 in Malaysia.

#2 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162
 Send AbgAcid a private message 

Posted by he on 14/12/2010 at 18:15

Hello TUK TUK , going to HONG KONG airport , on my way to BKK , i am planing to get a Panasonic COMPACT TMC TZ 8 camera , do you know anything about guarranty I shall get for it , a one year or 2 years international guarranty for the camera ; are cameras of good quality at the airport as good as in Singapore ??
a few years back , some cameras were made in Malalaysia , compare to made in China , is quality there ??
thanks for your answer

#3 he has been a member since 14/12/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by ahmoimoi on 22/1/2011 at 23:05

Hi is cheap in Malaysia and sometimes you get those which are made in Japan.Just make sure it comes with international warranty.I had a friend who resides in USA and he bought a laptop made in Malaysia hehe

#4 ahmoimoi has been a member since 22/1/2011. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.