Photo: On the road to Pindaya.

Cameras and travel photography forum

Photo sharing sites

Posted by 4015c on 30/12/2006 at 02:04

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a particular site for photo sharing for my upcoming trip. I have never used one and don't know anyone who uses one so any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks. JP

#1 4015c has been a member since 29/10/2006. Posts: 10

Posted by itsallaroundyou on 30/12/2006 at 02:11

Google's Picassa software works well and is free if you have a Gmail account. You can check it out by going to google's home page then clicking the "more" button above the search bar, then the "even more" button. Picassa is in the right hand column.

Let me know if you need help getting a Gmail account (its an invite only type of thing, so anybody with a Gmail account can invite you).

Good luck!

#2 itsallaroundyou has been a member since 25/10/2006. Posts: 15

Posted by bunny on 2/1/2007 at 09:46

hi jp!

i used yahoo photos this summer while we were wandering around southeast asia for a couple months and it worked great! i already had a (free) yahoo email account, so i just added a (free) yahoo photo page. it was easy to downloaded photos whenever i found a fast internet connection at a cafe (or whenever my photo card was getting full). downloading the files, then rotating and even naming the pics was usually quick and easy. the yahoo service also makes it easy for you to just send a link to your friends/family and they can view your pics whenever they like. (i really liked that part, as my kids were back in the states for their summer visitation with their dad, and i really wanted them to be able to see the things i was writing them about.) if you are concerned about the learning curve of using a photo service while you are paying for internet cafe time, why not try one (or several) out beforehand? for yahoo you just got to www.photos.yahoo.com. i hope that helps, and that you find a great solution that works for you! ~bunny

#3 bunny has been a member since 2/7/2006. Posts: 13

Posted by steviej on 2/1/2007 at 16:29

Yo JP,

PBase are pretty good, check them out here: http://www.pbase.com/

#4 steviej has been a member since 18/3/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 265
 Where has steviej been?   Website 

Posted by SBE on 15/4/2011 at 16:45

Wholesalesoccer thanks for bumping up this 4 year old thread but please could you buggar off now.... where's the spam button?

Nobody has mentioned copyright issues with photo-sharing sites. Are there any free (or cheap) ones that allow you to share pictures without them giving themselves the right to use your best ones if they feel like it?

#5 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,020
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by samuijimmy on 9/6/2011 at 11:03

To answer SBE's comment.....

Picasa on Google gives you options, as how to share... private or public etc.... I would think Yahoo's Flickr is the same...

You can set up a Google account, without an "invite" just set up an account.... then download Picasa free! Excellent Free program.... you then just link to your Google email.... easy!

I find Yahoo has too many flashing ads and very annoying....

Easy once you learn how ... not too difficult to figure out..... and tons of space.... for your pictures!

#6 samuijimmy has been a member since 9/6/2011. Location: Canada. Posts: 8

Posted by Thomas922 on 11/6/2011 at 15:38

If you put pics up...people can and will steal them if they are good. Such is life. But there are ssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooo many online what are the odds really? A few here and there?

#7 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Instagram 

Posted by shintai on 14/12/2011 at 20:47

Flickr and Google Picassa are good to use photo sharing sites, access to this sites can be set to private or public.

#8 shintai has been a member since 14/12/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by chinarocks on 5/3/2012 at 08:38

Snapfish.

#9 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 740

Posted by mariajames on 26/11/2012 at 09:44

You can analysis it out by traveling to google's home page again beat the "more" button aloft the seek bar, again the "even more" button. Picassa is in the appropriate duke column.

#10 mariajames has been a member since 29/9/2012. Posts: 57

Posted by davidally on 15/7/2014 at 04:16

Slickpic.com, Smugmug.com are good uses for photo-sharing site. It's also free site. You can easily access these sites.

#11 davidally has been a member since 10/7/2014. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.