Photo: On the road to Pindaya.

Cameras and travel photography forum

Bangkok photography workshop from Jan 7 to Feb 3, 2008

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/12/2007 at 13:32 admin

I wouldn't normally post something like this in the forum, but it's starting soon and when Jonathon Taylor sent it over, it struck me as a particularly good deal -- even if you don't have the time for the full course.

I know Taylor personally and can vouch for his ability as a photographer, though I've not had the time to do one of the courses myself... It is on my list though!

Acclaimed Bangkok-based photographer Jonathan Taylor of Photography School Asia is running a month-long photography workshop in Bangkok that may be of interest to all you budding photographers surfing around on Travelfish.

Tuition for the full course comes in at US$500 -- those who are not available to study for the whole period can join on a casual basis for US$150 per day. Classes will run in Bangkok from 3pm to 8pm, Tuesday to Friday. The month's workshop itinerary of classes will be posted in advance.

The Photography School Asia Workshop Club is available for all level of photography students, with the concept being it is a "pop in" learning process. As a photography student, you attend just the classes you're interested in and if you miss a class you'll be able to attend it again as Taylor will run each class more than once.

Students will be given private and group assignments to do in their own time and there will be group critiques held each evening. The Club is designed around the students and the lesson plans will be as flexible as possible to make sure students can get as much out of the month as possible. Some private assignments and individual critiques will also be assigned by Taylor, who'll also be available for private lessons should you be interested.

All students will have the opportunity of private time with Taylor throughout the four weeks either in the afternoon or early evenings.

So what makes this different to a standard photography course? Each month will be structured around the individual student's needs, making this a very similar concept to the classes Taylor runs with his private students, but with the flexibility to fit in with your needs.

Group Workshops include

Basic camera operation
Learn to use the camera on manual, aperture priority, shutter priority, flash photography, tripod photography, depth of field, light metering.

Composition Techniques
Framing, movement, abstract and art photography.

Location photography
Street photography, lifestyle, nature and architecture.

Documentary photography
Feature photography, choosing a story, finding a narrative, editing and selling commercially, presentation techniques, photojournalism.

Industrial standard photoshop and lightroom techniques will also be taught.

For more information, see the Photography School Asia website.

Disclaimer: Travelfish may earn a commission should you book one of these courses.

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,643
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.