Photo: On the road to Pindaya.

Cameras and travel photography forum

Video camera + internet cafe's

Posted by rsthomas on 24/7/2008 at 23:53

Hey all!

I am going to be documenting my trip via HD Video Camera. The camera stores the footage directly on it's internal drive. It can shoot up to 7 hours before needing to be cleared. I will need to be connecting my camera to computers in Southeast Asia at the cafes in order to download my footage. I wanted to know if anyone has done this type stuff and if it is fairly easy to do at these cafes. Also, is there an online video storage site that you can recommend? Thanks so much!

Ross

#1 rsthomas has been a member since 7/7/2008. Posts: 12

Posted by Lother on 25/7/2008 at 00:02

There's no shortage of internet cafes in the big (or even smaller) cities these days, and connecting a video camera via USB or a memory card reader should be no problem. However, uploading your (HD) videos will probably take a very, very long time from most places, as many, especially in places like Cambodia or Laos, have (slow) ADSL connections. Also, they might want you to pay extra for large uploads.

Out of the places Travelfish covers, Thailand obviously has the fastest connections and cheapest prices.

#2 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214
 Send Lother a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.