Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

Singapore Accommodation

Posted by tomanna on 15/6/2010 at 17:12

My boyfriend and I are heading to Singapore in early September for a few days.

Looking for a private room in a hostel or a budget hotel / guesthouse to stay at. Needs to be clean and preferably in the city centre but I don't want to spend more than $50 AUD per night.

Any suggestions?

#1 tomanna has been a member since 15/6/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by hamilove on 15/6/2010 at 17:33

Posted from within Vietnam.

Pretty tough to find for that price. We stayed there recently can't remember the name but we paid about 85 a night for a really basic room with aircon. A bit out of town but close enough to walk.

Singapore prices are similar to Aussie prices.

#2 hamilove has been a member since 12/12/2009. Posts: 25

Posted by idreamofdurian on 16/6/2010 at 08:39 TF writer

Waterloo Hostel -- http://www.waterloohostel.com.sg

$60 SGD for a double room with shared bathroom or $80 SGD for a double with attached bathroom. Certainly not the most stylish place in Singapore, but it's clean, friendly, and the location is great (right downtown yet on a pretty quiet street).

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by tomanna on 29/6/2010 at 16:43

Excellent- Thank you so much for the info :)

50 was a very rough price- I know it'll be difficult to find something that cheap but don't want to spend too much more if I can help it!

#4 tomanna has been a member since 15/6/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 30/6/2010 at 08:37 TF writer

I had a good experience at Fragrance Hotel - Emerald, in Geylang... The area is fine - good restaurants, a couple seedy bars nearby but no big deal, and the hotel is about 3 blocks walk from the subway. The reason I stayed was because it was super cheap - can't remember exactly but it was around US$30/night for a small but very clean and perfectly adequate private room with double bed, private bath, etc. I happen to have the business card right here - phone # is (65) 6842 6116, website is: www.fragrancehotel.com
Enjoy Singapore

#5 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,176
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.