Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

1 week, 1 room, 4 people, 180SGD/night. Suggestions?

Posted by adelphi on 26/1/2011 at 22:56

Hello all, I'd like to get some help.

We're to get away for a week in Singapore and there's 4 of us. We've got 180SGD if we put our money together, that's why I thought of the 1 room thing. Anyone got any suggestions?

Extra info: We want an airconditioned room with WiFi. Obviously not too far from the bus and other means of transportation that is NOT a cab.

#1 adelphi has been a member since 26/1/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by sems on 4/2/2011 at 19:13

u could check out the South East Asia Hotel, they have their own website. We stayed here a couple of months ago, its in a pedestrian mall about 5 mins walk from Bugis MRT station. Its been around for years, a small family run hotel, its clean, comfortable and quite, they have air con rooms with private bathrooms and fridge, they don't have wifi, but they do have computers to use for very little money or u can hire a usb stick for net connections for a few bucks. Its 90sgd for a 2 person room a nite, I searched the net for weeks and weeks and its the cheapest most central location I could find that wasn't a backpackers, there are cheaper hotels but when you read the fine print they are "a nice 40min walk" to the nearest MRT or on a main road in the red light district. Good luck and travel safe :)

#2 sems has been a member since 8/8/2010. Posts: 28
 Send sems a private message 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 5/2/2011 at 00:09 TF writer

YMCA International house -- the dorm rooms have exactly 4 beds so you could have one all to yourselves. WiFi, incredibly central location, access to a pool -- what more could you ask for? The Family Deluxe Rooms also have 4 beds and are within your budget -- promo price in February is S$161.

http://www.ymcaih.com.sg/

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.