Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

singapore accomadation near hotel

Posted by audscl on 11/4/2012 at 07:52

Hi

Can anybody recommend a good moderately priced hotel near the airport!!only stopping off for the night and carrying on to oz so basically somewhere to put my head!!

#1 audscl has been a member since 2/1/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by UsTwo on 12/4/2012 at 04:19

Posted from within Vietnam.

I spent 14 hours on a stopover, and chose to stay at the airport.
There are three accommodation types available, a "fairly expensive" hotel, as the PR lady put it, a hotel where you can have a kip and a shower, for six hours, or there is the budget option of a lounge chair, tucked away from the most noise, where you can stretch out for free.
Tightwad that I am, I chose option 3. Not as good as a bed, but a hell of a lot better than a plane seat!

#2 UsTwo has been a member since 22/4/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 71

Posted by Lancerjet01 on 18/4/2012 at 21:11

Hi there, If you like, you can stay at my place for $60 a night. We stay in a Terrace House. Address is Lentor Green, google and you will know where. Taxi from airport to our place is about $20. when will you be in town?

#3 Lancerjet01 has been a member since 18/4/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by idreamofdurian on 29/4/2012 at 11:22 TF writer

If you're on a tight budget, the Betelbox and Fern Loft East Coast hostels are very close to the airport.

If you have a bit more to spend on a hotel, the Santa Grand East Coast Hotel is quite charming and less than 10 min from the airport by taxi.

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.