Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

3 Days in Singapore - Must see attractions?

Posted by Canuck101 on 22/6/2014 at 16:33

My fiance and I are in Singapore for 3 days next month, and are staying near Chinatown.

Based on what we've read, we are looking to see the Zoo, the Aquarium and the Night Safari, as well as tour Chinatown and Little India.

Are there other must-see attractions, or other recommended sites? Temples and historical sites, or other highlights?

Our timeline is flexible, and and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#1 Canuck101 has been a member since 22/6/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by goonistik on 22/6/2014 at 20:10

There is this tour of the Baba house if you want to see the old Peranakan Chinese way of life.

http://www.nus.edu.sg/cfa/museum/about.php

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/browse/see-and-do/culture-and-heritage/a-touch-of-history/museums/baba-house.html#

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by exacto on 17/7/2014 at 10:12

Sorry I missed this post earlier, but for others visiting Singapore, sipping a Singapore Sling at the Long Bar at Raffles was extra fun. After that, take a stroll around the hotel grounds. If you are lucky, you'll see a bride or two decked out in the gorgeous red wedding gowns worn locally.

I also thought the National Museum was worth a few hours. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,754
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Saphir on 27/7/2014 at 02:23

Gardens by the Bay. Not to be missed!

#4 Saphir has been a member since 19/5/2009. Posts: 74
 Where has Saphir been? 

Posted by GattinaRosa on 11/10/2014 at 11:54

Guess it depends what you are interested in!

My husband and I recently spent 5 days in Singapore. Our favourite places were the gardens - most of which are free.

Gardens by the Bay - lovely gardens near the marina. Free to walk around most of it - go in the evening to watch the Garden Rhapsody, a light and music show amongst the futuristic Super trees. You have to pay to go into the two conservatories - the Cloud Forest and the Flower Dome. $$28 (SPD) for both - initially we thought it was a bit pricey, but it was worth it.

Botanical Gardens - this is huge. We spent about 5 hours in it. Also contains the National Orchid Gardens - these were an extra $$5 (I think) but were really beautiful.

However ... If you don't like gardens.... Then these may bit really appeal to you!

#5 GattinaRosa has been a member since 28/7/2014. Posts: 18

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.