Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

Sleeping for free in Singapore airport

Posted by Thefinebalance on 8/8/2015 at 00:12

I arrive on a fairly late plane from canada at midnight in Singapore. And will stay in sunspots for 3 days but don't want to travel to the city that late.

Was wondering if it's possible to sleep for free in arrivals before going through customs. Are there showers available?

As a backpacker on a budget is this possible?

Are there any late just lounges open to grab food?id prefer not to have to do the transit hotel our Lounge because they are super expensive. But if this is recommended does anyone know how to get vouchers for it to stay at a very discounted price.

#1 Thefinebalance has been a member since 9/1/2015. Posts: 21
 Send Thefinebalance a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by UsTwo on 8/8/2015 at 01:23

There are full length lounges available dotted around the terminal, where you can stretch out, before you exit for customs. Not as comfortable as a bed, but infinitely better than the plane seats!

There is also short term rooms where you can shower and freshen up, short term about six hours, from memory. Cost about $60.

Then there is the full blown hotel suite, "quite expensive" was how it was described to me.

Cheapskate me utilised the free lounges, comfortable enough for short time.

#2 UsTwo has been a member since 22/4/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 71
 Send UsTwo a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.