Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

Vietnam transfer

Posted by ennyvales2904 on 15/3/2016 at 02:23

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi there!
I am going to visit the central of Vietnam next week... I'm afraid of transportation there because it's quite carzy. Have you used private taxi service? How do you feel? .. Plz let me know, thank you!

#1 ennyvales2904 has been a member since 15/3/2016. Posts: 3

Posted by jacobe on 15/3/2016 at 02:29

I have been travelling through the central part of Vietnam (Da Lat, BMT and now Pleiku) for the past week. Transport options are there, but can be confusing to find if you are not Vietnamese. Actually, i found that even the Vietnamese are confused about it... The good news is that there are buses of multiple private companies running across central Vietnam. Best option is to ask your hotel to book it for you. Depending on type and length of trip, there may be sleeper options (i am about to try my first one tomorrow evening), which tend to be more expensive.
I have taken two such inter-city trips so far; a 4-5 hours trip in either van or standard bus (sometimes without AC but not so hot now, so i don't think it is a problem) can cost between VND 110,000-150,000 per person. Also, often, though not always, the company will pick you up from the hotel as part of the price; ask about it.
Good luck!

#2 jacobe has been a member since 15/3/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by jacobe on 15/3/2016 at 02:29

I have been travelling through the central part of Vietnam (Da Lat, BMT and now Pleiku) for the past week. Transport options are there, but can be confusing to find if you are not Vietnamese. Actually, i found that even the Vietnamese are confused about it... The good news is that there are buses of multiple private companies running across central Vietnam. Best option is to ask your hotel to book it for you. Depending on type and length of trip, there may be sleeper options (i am about to try my first one tomorrow evening), which tend to be more expensive.
I have taken two such inter-city trips so far; a 4-5 hours trip in either van or standard bus (sometimes without AC but not so hot now, so i don't think it is a problem) can cost between VND 110,000-150,000 per person. Also, often, though not always, the company will pick you up from the hotel as part of the price; ask about it.
Good luck!

#3 jacobe has been a member since 15/3/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by ennyvales2904 on 15/3/2016 at 02:33

cuz, Do you mean tourist bus and shuttle bus?

#4 ennyvales2904 has been a member since 15/3/2016. Posts: 3

Posted by edwardrainny on 15/3/2016 at 02:47

Where do want to go? private taxi sounds good but you'll pay quite a lot of money for it. I saw that train, puplic bus in Vietnam quite good. I travel around Vietnam by bus, it's ok.
Happy travels!

#5 edwardrainny has been a member since 5/1/2016. Posts: 12

Posted by ennyvales2904 on 15/3/2016 at 03:43

Thanks! I was thinking of train and bus before, but i'm afraid of delay or careless?

#6 ennyvales2904 has been a member since 15/3/2016. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.