Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

Need rec for Mid-range hotel in Singapore- clean and good location

Posted by locadotte on 30/3/2016 at 01:05

Hi all,

I'm looking for a clean and conveniently located mid-range hotel in Singapore for our family (with young children).

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

#1 locadotte has been a member since 16/1/2015. Posts: 14

Posted by antoniamitchell on 30/3/2016 at 10:24

Hi,
Have you checked the hotels listed on the Singapore section of Travelfish? There should be plenty of good options there. This overview might be especially helpful: https://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/singapore/central_region/central_area/downtown_singapore/all/6660

Singapore is so small that most places in the centre are convenient to everywhere else. As your children are quite young, I'd suggest finding a place quite near a metro/MRT station, so it's quick and easy to get to and from the hotel in the heat.

Have a lovely time

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 539
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by locadotte on 31/3/2016 at 10:41

Thanks. I did check the Travelfish listed accommodations and they are a very good start. Singapore is just so expensive and the accommodations do not seem good value for what you have to pay so I thought I would just see if there were any that people highly recommended. Worth a try:)

#3 locadotte has been a member since 16/1/2015. Posts: 14

Posted by antoniamitchell on 31/3/2016 at 13:07

Well the other option (and I'm not certain how useful this will be as you need a family room) is AirBnB. There are plenty of them in Singapore, and they tend to be cheaper than hotels. All the accommodation is expensive (compared to the rest of SE Asia) in Singapore, so I'm afraid you just have to accept first world prices there (at least the hawker centre food and public transport are still cheaper than first world).
Good luck, and enjoy your trip

#4 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 539
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by LuiggiRizzo on 24/5/2016 at 23:37

Hey!! I can recommend you the only one I ve been to which is Zen Rooms Nathan Road Hotel. Big rooms, very clean standards. It is very cheap for Singapore standards so I don't know if you look for something more expensive.

#5 LuiggiRizzo has been a member since 16/5/2016. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.