Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

Schedule, ticket, passes ,transportation in singapore

Posted by krutisundar on 12/8/2016 at 06:42

Hi All,
I am gering up for my business *** leisure vacation to singapore from 22-27 aug.
As i have no idea on singapore and i would like to enlightening me on my schedule , plan and tickets, passes.

could anybody help me to make my schedule ,ticket passes for 6 daysin singapore.

For travelling in bus and trains i will have ez link card

22aug 10am - hotel

sentosa island with sentosa 1 days pass (11am-9pm)

23aug- uss (8am-9pm) with USS 1 days pass

24aug-26aug(10am-4pm) business meetings

but at evening im planning to keep a short 3-4hr sight seeing for 3days.

a.singapore flyer
b.garden by bay
c.night safari

27aug(till 8pm)

singapore flyer, china town , little india,marina bay sand,orchard road and other attraction (is there any single pass to cover all)
I am highly grateful for taking you a ton your highly precious time to read my plan and helping me out.

#1 krutisundar has been a member since 12/8/2016. Location: India. Posts: 1
 Send krutisundar a private message 

Posted by antoniamitchell on 12/8/2016 at 08:46

Hi,

Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands are next to each other, so you could easily do both in one evening.

The Singapore flyer is also practically next door to those two, so could be combined with either (or both).

For your sightseeing day on 27 August, you don't need any kind of pass for those items - they're mostly neighburhoods, so you can enjoy them by just wandering about, visiting the various temples and small museums, and enjoying all the food. If you buy a ticket for one of the hop-on-hop-off tourist buses, it will probably go through all those neighbourhoods (plus plenty more) so you could use that to help you see a lot of the city, but you can also easily get from one area to another using your EZ link pass and the MRT or buses (most things in Singapore are quite close together, so a few stops on the MRT would get you from Chinatown to Orchard Road or Little India, for instance). Covering Chinatown, Orchard Road and Little India in one day covers quite a bit, so may be a very full day.

The only time I went to Sentosa was 5 years ago so I don't remember it that well, but I seem to remember there are quite a few things to do and see there, only some of which require any kind of ticket. So you could head over there and just wander, and only buy a ticket as and when something catches your eye. I haven't been to Universal Studios, but you should be able to get any ticket information you need online.

Enjoy your trip!

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 539
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by TerroirTravel on 27/1/2017 at 23:43

Hi,

I was just in Singapore for 3 weeks, getting around is quite easy, and all the bus stops have the lists of buses that come though. An observation- double decker bus drivers are mellow, single level bus drivers race car drivers. Anecdotal, but still. People are very helpful if you get turned around, and it's weird to be in Asia and feel confident that people will speak English.

The biggest problem I had was the heat, and this was December/January. So, walking wasn't appealing, but the buses and trains are air con, so whew!

I recommend doing the elevated walkway in the supergrove at the Gardens By The Bay, it's a great view. I didn't go to Sentosa, but if I did, I would have taken the cable car- it looks awesome, and you can take the bus to Mount Faber, and catch it, and the ticket includes admission fee to Sentosa, as I understand it.

I ended up on Orchard road a little by accident- I went for a particular restaurant near there. I wasn't really a fan, but I don't shop. I would, however, go to Haji lane in Bugis. I also went to Palau Ubin one day, which was a short Bumboat ride from Changi Village. It was interesting to see what a jungle Singapore was.

A tip for marina bay sands- if you want the view, there are 2 ways: 1) buy a $35 ticket to the observation deck on floor 56. 2) Buy a $20 voucher to get to floor 57, which you can cash in for a drink. That drink will cost at least $24. You can see everything from there that you can from the slightly more extended deck on floor 56, and you get a drink credit.
I loved Singapore, but the heat really took me out after awhile. Hydrate, drink coconut water, Pocari Sweat, plain water, whatever.
I have one bit of sacrilege. Chilli Crab (yes, 2 l's in Chilli) is not a good way to eat crab. The crab is drowned in the sauce, and overpowers the crab- there is so much good food in Singapore, don't waste you money on this "icon".

#3 TerroirTravel has been a member since 1/2/2014. Posts: 76
 Where has TerroirTravel been? 

Posted by arif18 on 29/4/2017 at 02:32

I agree with TerroirTravel. You can have a plan for Marina Garden by Bay and Singapore flyer in one day. Since I ghave been there in Singapore, I knew it would be great if you have a day for marina bay sands and infinity pool. You can spent a day surfing wonderful beaches. Have a romantic cruise ride and explore more beauties. Private transport is bit on a costly side so use public transport who's frequency is good enough. July to October is an ideal to visit the Singapore.

Here is your 6 days itinerary:

Day 1:
Welcome to Singapore, Relax in hotel and have a bit of Singapore at the evening

Day 2:
Singapore City Tour (Flyer & Gardens by the Bay)

Day 3:
Spend a day in Marina Bay Sands

Day 4:
Visit Universal Studio

Day 5:
Enjoy Singapore Street Shopping at morning and visit Singapore Night Safari

Day 6:
Depends on your flight timings, you can choose

#4 arif18 has been a member since 27/4/2017. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.