Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

travel as a tourist from India to Singapore

Posted by dineshvarma on 13/7/2017 at 05:09

hi, I am planning to go Singapore as a tourist from India.can you tell me the procedure to get a visa?
what are the issues which I need to be careful while staying in Singapore? what are the locations must watch in Singapore?

#1 dineshvarma has been a member since 10/7/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by antoniamitchell on 14/7/2017 at 18:01

You'll need to apply for a visa from your local singaporean embassy or high commission, same as you would for anywhere else. Details are on ica.gov.SG or mfa.gov.sg.

(There is a second approach that allows you to apply online, but that requires you to have a local contact who is a singaporean citizen or permanent resident who will help you apply, so I'm assuming doesn't apply to you).

There are no real issues you need to be careful about in Singapore (it's incredibly safe, and very clean, although expensive). Penalties for breaking the law can be severe, especially around drugs, so don't risk it.

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Location: Singapore. Posts: 535
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by SimonMayers on 19/7/2017 at 22:22

Posted from within Vietnam.

Singapore dollars are called Singapore dollars. (SGD). You should distinguish clearly to avoid confusion with US dollars.Rate 1SGD (Sing Sing) = 17,200VND. (Exchange rate varies from time to time)
When buying goods at supermarkets, you should compare prices and supermarkets selling prices vary quite a lot. When buying, please choose carefully and bargain. You can bring in US dollars (new 1995 series back) for backup.
When coming to Singapore you should watch the trees at the Gardens by the Bay. One of the most impressive green destinations in Singapore and the rest of the world, free of charge, is MacRitchie Reservoir. This is a great destination for those who enjoy having fun and working outdoors.
driving directions

#3 SimonMayers has been a member since 19/7/2017. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.