Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

Looking for vacation rentals in Singapore

Posted by Altheon1994 on 23/8/2017 at 22:45

Hi, I'm gonna visit Singapore in a few weeks time, I need a few suggestions

First, I need vacation rentals, but where should I stay or go to first
Long story short, dunno where should I start

Second, is it better to go for a hotel? is it cheaper if I'm staying for a week?
Or would a vacation rental be much... Economical?

Third and last, aside airbnb, what site would you recommend that I should use?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

#1 Altheon1994 has been a member since 23/8/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by Altheon1994 on 24/8/2017 at 20:22

Just got back, a pal of mine suggested I look at http://www.egetinnz.com/ for bookings, it looks like airbnb, has anyone tried this one before?

#2 Altheon1994 has been a member since 23/8/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by antoniamitchell on 25/8/2017 at 09:53

Hotels in Singapore are quite expensive, and you don't get much for your money, so AirBnB-type rentals are better value and cheaper, especially if you're willing to stay outside of the main touristy area in the centre.

The only site I've personally used is AirBnB - I'm afraid I don't know which other sites are any good.

Whichever site you use, be aware that short-term vacation rentals aren't technically allowed in Singapore, so your host will likely want you to be a little discreet (when I stayed at an AirBnB, my host asked me to tell any neighbours who asked that I was an old friend from out of town, rather than letting them know why I was really in the building).

As to which neighbourhood you should base yourself in, you're got some flexibility as public transport in Singapore is efficient and quite cheap. If the things you want to do are all in the same area, then it may make sense to base yourself near that area (or at least on the MRT line that passes through that area). But if they're more spread out (for example, Sentosa and Universal Studios in the SW, the museums in the centre, the zoo in the north, and Pulau Ubin in the east), then you can stay almost anywhere the MRT goes.

Have a great trip!

#3 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 539
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.