Photo: At the Lee Kong Chian Museum.

Singapore forum

Malaysia & Singapore

Posted by MarkHall on 21/10/2008 at 21:14

After spending 12 weeks in Indochina i have 3 weeks to explore malaysia and singapore. I will be heading in to Maylasia from thiland planning on going down through Penang, KL and Melaka City before going to Singapore. This is partly due to the fact that i have heard the East coast in Feburary is very wet!! (as i would have liked to visit the perithian islands. Any reccomendations as to how i should spend my three weeks!??

Cheers,

Mark.

#1 MarkHall has been a member since 14/8/2008. Posts: 13

Posted by jafatravel on 8/11/2008 at 14:23

You're right, east coast is very wet in February. The water is very choppy (heaps of people became sea sick when I took the ferry to Redang Island in during Feb).

I'd start at Langkawi, move down to Penang. Only If you have time, stop by Ipoh. But make sure you go by Cameron Highlands. Very different climate to the rest of Malaysia.

Unfortunately, I haven't traveled around south of KL so I can't help you there. But the bus from KL to Singapore is about 6 hours.

cheers
Eddie

#2 jafatravel has been a member since 19/10/2008. Posts: 22

Posted by husun on 29/10/2010 at 15:46

3 weeks will be too much honestly. I would suggest, travel by Road ONLY to see most part of the region. Kill your time during traveling. You can slowly move down from Penang , stay 3 days in Penang to discover the food, the Eco building, and move down to whatever province you desire.

But one province I would like you to Avoid, Johor Bahru. Go do a research why you must skip this place. And after the Malaysia stay, get a 4-5 days in Singapore. If budget allowed you, you can even planned a 1 week stay in Singapore.

#3 husun has been a member since 28/10/2010. Location: Japan. Posts: 35
 Send husun a private message 

Posted by Pearljhonson on 26/8/2011 at 16:17

Malaysia is a country of striking natural beauty situated in Southeast Asia, with some of the most superb beaches, mountains and national parks in the world. It consists of thirteen states that are divided into two geographical regions that are separated by the South China Sea.

Looking for cheap flights visit at: Cheap Tickets Online and Cheap Flights To London

#4 Pearljhonson has been a member since 26/8/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by chinarocks on 26/8/2011 at 18:19

Please dont stay one full week in Singapore. 3-4 days is plenty. Penang is amazing, give it a good 5 days despite what some people say, and longer if you want. If you are on a budget stay even longer as it is seriously cheap and the food is extremely good and cheap.

#5 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Posted by MADMAC on 26/8/2011 at 23:12

Penang does sound like a really interesting place and is on my list of places to visit actually.

#6 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.