Photo: Well worth a wander.

South Korea forum

South Korea Honeymoon

Posted by koga1989 on 7/4/2016 at 23:25

Hey people,

I am planning to have a honeymoon at South Korea, but I don't really know where should I go. Several place that pop up in my head are Jeju Island, Hong Dae area?, Seoul. What else to see there?

I am planning to have five days trip at South Korea. Starting from 3rd of September 2016 until 9th of September 2016. Is it enough to travel to those place?
What is the season at September, so we can bring our gear match with the season there. I am planning to have my honeymoon extended to two weeks if I know where to go.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I prefer backpackers than local tours.
So, if anyone have any experience or maybe a place that I can stay at, for a considerable price, give me a shout will ya'?

Sincerely,

#1 koga1989 has been a member since 27/3/2016. Posts: 14

Posted by gecktrek on 8/4/2016 at 04:11

congratulations, with only 5 days both those places is plenty imho, lots to see, do, eat and drink in seoul... if you extended, consider gyeongju... the metro in seoul is extensive, cheap and easy to use and there is excellent transport options throughout the rest of the country... given your on your honeymoon, try booking into a 'love hotel', they are a little more expensive, but excellent value!

#2 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 151
 Send gecktrek a private message   Where has gecktrek been?   Website   Flickr  

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by koga1989 on 10/4/2016 at 21:13

Hi gecktrek,

Thank you and 'love hotel' will add a nice addition of experience. I'm sure it will.
However, considering it vast route between the place, like Hong Dae, Jeju Island and Seoul itself, would it be efficient to go with metro?
What is the nearest place to go from to Gyeongju? I'm a bit taken aback since I don't know that place at all.

#3 koga1989 has been a member since 27/3/2016. Posts: 14

Posted by gecktrek on 11/4/2016 at 06:45

hey, i would recommend buying a south korean travel guide or doing some on-line research (eg. [url=http://http://wikitravel.org/en/South_Korea]wikitravel[/url]) to find what places you would like to visit... these sources would also be able help you determine what transport is best to take between the places you have chosen...

#4 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 151
 Send gecktrek a private message   Where has gecktrek been?   Website   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.