Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok to Koh Chang

Posted by mellimoon on 17/3/2010 at 05:24

Hi, can anyone tell me the best way to get to Koh Chang (lonely beach) from Bangkok? I want to arrive as early as possible in Koh Chang, but i do have a hotel for the night in BKK so an overnight journey would be silly. So early-ish morning bus might be good. It's on a Thursday. Someone told me to either take the state bus or not to - i can't remember!

I really wanted to book a beach hut at Siam huts on lonely beach, but they dont answer their phone or respond to emails. If anyone knows how to contact them please let me know.

Thanks!

Ps setting off tom. for 3 weeks in VNM and a week in Thailand, can't wait!!!

#1 mellimoon has been a member since 13/3/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by exacto on 17/3/2010 at 06:06

your best option is take the bus from the eastern (ekkamai) bus station in bangkok. buses run pretty much from 0500 or so in the morning. some go to trat, where you transfer to laem ngob and on to koh chang, but other buses will stop short of trat, where you catch a minivan to a different pier for the ferry ride to this island.

it is also possible to fly from bangkok to trat, but it is expensive and i'm not sure it saves all that much time for the money.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,660
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by swag on 17/3/2010 at 06:20

agree with Exacto here. Last year we took the Gov't bus from Ekamai that left at 6.00am. Ended in our accommodation about 2.00pm that afternoon.
Just remember to pack some earplugs as the Thai music videos are turned up pretty loud on the bus.

#3 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.