Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

go to penang and thailand,,

Posted by jemmy on 18/3/2010 at 22:59

i wonder to know about taxi direction,,plan to go penang on 15 april,,from penang international airport, how can i get to queensbay mall by taxi? and how much the fare to reach that place from penang airport? then where can find the cheapest hotel in penang??

#1 jemmy has been a member since 16/3/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by AbgAcid on 19/3/2010 at 09:48

Taxi direction?
dont quite understand this.
Anyway, its easy to get a taxi at the airport. Any taxi will take you to queensbay upon request. But taking taxi right at the airport exit can be quite expensive. Insist the driver to turn on the meters. Its approximately 10 kilometers to get to Queenbay.

Cheapest hotels will be at Georgetown. Plenty of them, guesthouse, inns, hotels both high ends and lower ends.

have a good time at Penang
AA

#2 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162
 Send AbgAcid a private message 

Posted by jemmy on 26/3/2010 at 22:49

thank you for your information,,it will be very usefull for me,,but i am curious to know about the cost of taxi from penang international airport???

#3 jemmy has been a member since 16/3/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by AbgAcid on 28/3/2010 at 19:58

It should be less than rm10.

Just act as if you are familiar with Penang. If he dont want to turn the meter on, there is another option you can do. Bargain. Its very common to bargain taxi fares here localy.

AA

#4 AbgAcid has been a member since 28/11/2009. Location: Malaysia. Posts: 162
 Send AbgAcid a private message 

Posted by coopsnpeps on 29/3/2010 at 04:59

HI there,

When you arrive at the airport there is a taxi coupon booth for the airport taxis. They are differnt rates depending on where you want to go. From memory I think from the airport to Georgetown it was around 30MYR? We went to the beach area Batu F and it was 67MYR.

Or you can go outside the airport and bargain a cheaper one.
'
There is also a bus, probably several from the airport which I think is the "102" which goes to Georgetown and the beach area. Around 3MYR.

For cheap accomodation in a guesthouse try Lebuh Chulia which is in the China Town area. We had a family room for 30MYR.

Enjoy
Bron
coopsnpeps.blogspot.com

#5 coopsnpeps has been a member since 23/3/2010. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.