Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

River Dinner Cruises

Posted by swimmingfish on 23/10/2006 at 23:04

Hi

Had anyone enjoyed a nice river dinner cruises in Bangkok, or any recommends?

Thanks

#1 swimmingfish has been a member since 6/10/2006. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/10/2006 at 13:04 admin

Hi swimmingfish,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Some of the best dinner cruises are organised by the big hotels on the Chao Phraya River, like theOriental and Shangrila -- they're not cheap though.

Another option is to organise one through a travel agent upon arrival.

Another, less expensive way to sample eating by the river is to try one of the sumptuous restaurants by the river, for example Suppatra River House is almost opposite the Grand Palace and is outstanding.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by swimmingfish on 24/10/2006 at 15:55

Wow, the third one sounds great to me. Thanks Somtam

But one more question. what about the taste normally? I just read some notes in internet to say the cruises is not good...

#3 swimmingfish has been a member since 6/10/2006. Posts: 3

Posted by neeners on 24/10/2006 at 19:12

I took the dinner cruise with Loy Nava (http://www.loynava.com/). I made the booking/reservation through their website.

The food was okay. I suppose it's good enough but not that memorable. The service and the ambiance of the ship was pretty great though. Very romantic.

They also provide free transfer services to and from your hostel/hotel (or at the BTS station, I think).

#4 neeners has been a member since 1/5/2006. Posts: 41
 Send neeners a private message 

Posted by swimmingfish on 25/10/2006 at 10:20

Thank you neeners

#5 swimmingfish has been a member since 6/10/2006. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.