Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Weather in October

Posted by tommy1305 on 25/3/2010 at 21:28

Hi Everyone ,

Planning on travelling to thailand in October. I will be in bangkok and further south in the islands. Ive never been at this time before . I wonder could anyone tell me what the weather is like at this time from previous experience ?? and also is it busy ??

thanks
Tom

#1 tommy1305 has been a member since 25/3/2010. Posts: 11

Posted by Captain_Bob on 26/3/2010 at 12:47

October is probably the hardest weather month to predict. It's when the prevailing monsoon pattern is shifting from SW to SE so depending on how this is going your showers vs. sun can vary on either coast. Have experienced sunny days and late afternoon thundershowers on both east and west coasts during this time. Roll of the dice so don't worry about it too much. Can have some pretty impressive thundershowers in Bangkok (otherwise hot).

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,902

Posted by tommy1305 on 26/3/2010 at 16:15

Captain,

Thanks for the reply. .. so its still sunny and hot just chance of thundershowers in the evening ??

Is it generally bit quieter this time of year ??

thanks
Tom

#3 tommy1305 has been a member since 25/3/2010. Posts: 11

Posted by coricorina on 18/8/2011 at 23:48

Hello everybody
first time in thailand will be in early october.going with b/f and for now,we have no itinerary except 4 days in Bangkok..lol.Will have up to one month.
any suggestions?
Thank you for your help

#4 coricorina has been a member since 18/8/2011. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.