Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Lost camera (Haad Rin Koh Phangan)

Posted by indianajo on 27/4/2010 at 23:21

We are staying in Haad Rin (Koh Phangan). We lost our ONLY camera today (April 27) at Haad Rin town. If anyone found the camera, we would really appreciate it if you reply to this post or call us at 084-seven3five-nine8onetwo. There are at least 3,000 traveling photos on there(since January).

Brand: Panasonic
Model: Lumix
Colour: Black

Thank You so much.

#1 indianajo has been a member since 27/4/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 27/4/2010 at 23:50

Post here as well
Good luck, hope you and your photos are re-united (next time make a backup CD for Pete's sake =)

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Posted by bakpakk on 27/4/2010 at 23:52

Sorry about your lost camera. If you guys can remember the specific area you might have lost it, I would advice you to contact the people around that area and put up hand written posters or something. All the best.

#3 bakpakk has been a member since 4/4/2010. Location: Cameroon. Posts: 38

Posted by Jleef on 28/4/2010 at 04:15

Best of luck finding it, hopefully it'll be picked up by one of the more honest travellers who will try to track you down!

This is surely too late advice but perhaps will help others - I always make sure that every memory card I use has a write-protected photo of a piece of paper containing my email address and a "reward for safe return" notice. That way whenever somebody looks through my images they will quickly find a way to contact me.

I like to believe that most travellers would be thoughtful enough to attempt to find a lost camera's owner if provided with such a simple means to reach them.

#4 Jleef has been a member since 6/7/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 36

Posted by busylizzy on 28/4/2010 at 06:13

What a great idea, jleef! Thanks for sharing...

#5 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by tschef997 on 23/8/2013 at 11:51

We lost our SD-Memory card at the last Fullmoon-Party on Ko Phangan/ Haad Rin at the 21st of August. It was (or still is) in a (children-like) wallet with pink/greenish colours! We must have dropped it walking from the party to our accomodation in Haad Rin (at the Treehouse Bar)! We have been already to the police - they didn't take us too serious i guess ...! If there was money in the wallet ... we don't care - but there were about 1.000 photos from our journey through thailand on it!
So please if anybody find it contact me (! I am willing to pay a reward of course!!!!!
Best Stefan and friends

#6 tschef997 has been a member since 23/8/2013. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.