Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Stayin Khao San Road Sunday Eve (1st May)

Posted by rob_lord_uk on 27/4/2010 at 23:47

Hello all,

I am quite cautious about the current situation as many of you are. I am currently set to stay over night this Sunday at D&D in Khao San Road with the view of travelling to Koh Samet Monday morning.

As far as I can read KSR is away from the trouble and unaffected. But will we need to travel near the trouble hit area of Ratchaprasong from the airport to KSR?

Also what is the best advice from getting from KSR on the Monday morning to Koh Samet? From reading an article on here (https://www.travelfish.org/feature/115) a bus from Ekkamai Bus Terminal is mentioned. Is this near the troubled spots? What is the best way to get to the Bus Terminal and what cost should I be looking at? Also as far as I am aware the buses are unaffected currently - can somebody confirm this please?

Many thanks in advance. I want to have my plans in place to stay away from trouble and to be safe. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Rob

#1 rob_lord_uk has been a member since 27/4/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by Captain_Bob on 28/4/2010 at 00:17

D&D Inn is a big immensely popular spot and far enough from the red shirt area, no worries. Get a metered taxi from the airport to Khao San Raod, using the tollway you will bypass the Ratchaprasong area.

For getting to Ko Samet, normally I advocate taking a public bus from Ekamai, but that could involve going back across the city and pass the Ratchaprasong intersection. At your guesthouse it is really easy to book a minivan/boat combo to Ko Samet, usually departing around 8am and you're on the sand by early afternoon.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,902

Posted by rob_lord_uk on 28/4/2010 at 02:55

Many thanks for your advice.

Rob

#3 rob_lord_uk has been a member since 27/4/2010. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.