Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Private hire taxi at Don Muang

Posted by KirstyB on 4/5/2010 at 13:33

It's a long time since I've been in or out of Don Muang airport so can anyone give me any information about the availability of long distance private taxi hire?

Should I just be able to turn up and negotiate one on the spot to go to Aranyaprathet?

(FYI the reason it's from the old airport is that's where we're dropping off a hire car and the reason not to take a bus from northern terminal or other cheaper ways is that there are 4 of us including my parents so comfort and speed is more important than price! Also even though I have spent time in Bangkok recently I want to avoid it with them. Eg I know that a private taxi from Kao San is quoted at 2,500-3,000 baht compared to 300 all the way to Siem Reap on the bus/mini bus but the criteria is different for this journey!).

#1 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Send KirstyB a private message   Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by RotPickup on 4/5/2010 at 22:33

Yes; you will be able to hire a taxi straight to Aranyaprathet.
But with 4 people you might get problems with your luggage; most taxis have very little space in the trunk as they run on gas and the tank is usually fitted back there. So try and get a van-taxi.
For the price it should be somewhere around 3000Baht.

#2 RotPickup has been a member since 7/6/2008. Posts: 32
 Send RotPickup a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.