Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Stay in Bangkok or Change Flight

Posted by mrobbo86 on 15/5/2010 at 01:26

Hi all

Im due to arrive in Bangkok on Tuesday where I have booked two nights in Khao San Road . I had originally planned to stay in Bangkok for about 2weeks but am unsure what to do with the current situation! Can anyone tell me what Khao San Road is like at the moment and do you suggest I stay in Bangkok or get an immediate flight onwards as soon as I land!!

#1 mrobbo86 has been a member since 15/5/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by Sampan on 15/5/2010 at 08:46

I'm currently in Bangkok, staying in Rambuttri road (close to KSR), and apart from a large number of police around KSR, and very few tourists in the area, there is nothing suggesting there is violence going on elsewhere. I wouldn't advice against staying here as things are right now. However, situations like these can change very rapidly. Also to take in consideration is that is very difficult getting around as a large portion of public transport is shut down.

Hope it helps..

#2 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 110

Posted by bucharest on 18/5/2010 at 15:48

You may find this useful

#3 bucharest has been a member since 7/5/2010. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.