Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Booking rooms in advance, wise?

Posted by Barnsey on 31/10/2006 at 23:05

Hi everyone,

Just in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Thailand leaving around the 24th March. The itinerary looks like Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Sukorn - Bangkok.

I was wondering if anyone here has any sound advice regarding booking rooms in advance, as I know things can be unpredictable. I'm not hoping to stay anywhere too fancy, and the Sukorn segment will be booked ahead.

Many thanks! =)

Andy

#1 Barnsey has been a member since 11/9/2006. Posts: 8

Posted by exacto on 1/11/2006 at 03:01

Andy,

If you know where you are going to be on a certain date and know where you want to stay, then by all means book ahead. If you like to keep things a little more flexible, then you should be okay in those locations at that time of year just getting a room when you arrive.

I'd recommend booking in advance for the first night you arrive in Bangkok, and maybe the last night of your trip too. Also, it is a good idea to have up to three places in mind that are more or less in the same area for each city you visit. That way you won't have to carry your pack too far from place to place if you decide you don't like the first place. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,651
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Barnsey on 2/11/2006 at 17:19

Many thanks for your reply!

#3 Barnsey has been a member since 11/9/2006. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.