Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

help with avoiding bangkok

Posted by lolofosh0sh0 on 27/5/2010 at 22:43

I fly into BKK June 23rd where i originally planned to spend a week in Bangkok before flying up to Chiang Mai. However with the recent protests i have decided that i would like to avoid bangkok all together and go somewhere else for that week. Any suggestions on places near Bangkok that i can goto? Or possibly good places to fly to for a week trip? We will be there for 2 months and are going to

Chiang Mai
Ko Samui
Ho Chi Minh traveling back to Bangkok and stopping by the Angkor ruins.

#1 lolofosh0sh0 has been a member since 12/4/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by MADMAC on 28/5/2010 at 01:41

The show is over now Lolo. And while I would not rule out a return of difficulties down the road, I would rule it out for the next couple of months. Go to Bangkok.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by AngelFish78 on 28/5/2010 at 03:17

If you're sure you don't want to spend time in Bangkok, why not spend some more time in the south? If you're already going to Koh Samui anyway, you can easily visit the other islands, Koh Pha Ngan and Koh Tao. I can also highly recommend spending a few days in Khao Sok national park, near Surat Thani.
But.. as MadMac already said, there is no reason to avoid Bangkok right now.

#3 AngelFish78 has been a member since 2/3/2010. Location: Global Village. Posts: 18
 Send AngelFish78 a private message 

Posted by bakpakk on 28/5/2010 at 14:14

I am in Bangkok now visiting and there is no need to avoid Bangkok. Everything is fine and back to normal.

#4 bakpakk has been a member since 4/4/2010. Location: Cameroon. Posts: 38

Posted by Risha on 30/5/2010 at 21:43

Bangkok is back to normal. All is fine.

#5 Risha has been a member since 23/2/2010. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.