Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

do we need to book accomodation before

Posted by susanlangston on 1/11/2006 at 21:44

Hi

We really need your help! Going to thailand from 19th of Dec to 4th of Jan- flying into Bangkok- do we need to book all of our accomodation before?
We are looking for cheap places but not too nasty- where do you recommend in Bangkok?

Also where do recommend we be for new year- into parties but not massive trance parties or raves?

Also where should we go in our time?
Please help

#1 susanlangston has been a member since 1/11/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by neeners on 1/11/2006 at 22:40

It's in the peak season, so it's recommended to book ahead to ensure that you get a room in the hostel/guesthouse of your choice.

I personally like Shambara Guesthouse off Khao San Road. The only thing I didn't like about the location is that it's nowhere near any BTS station. But the guesthouse itself is pretty well maintained and its location in the Khao San Road area is great.

#2 neeners has been a member since 1/5/2006. Posts: 41

Posted by susanlangston on 2/11/2006 at 14:58

Hi

Where is the best place to be over New Year- not a big rave party but where there is a good party?

#3 susanlangston has been a member since 1/11/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/11/2006 at 15:27 admin

Hi Susan,

There's numerous parties in Bangkok over New Years, obviously they'll be a huge one on Ko Pha Ngan, but I'd expect to see big parties on most of the more popular islands -- Samui, Tao, Phi Phi, Phuket... Many of the islands will have more than one...

In the north it tends to be more sedate -- depends where you are and what you're interested in --

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.