Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

getting around samui and other questions.

Posted by insearchofsunrise on 2/11/2006 at 08:31

just wondering how long it takes from Maenam beach and how much it costs (THB) to get into Chaweng town? i was thinking of staying on Maenam beach b/c it's cheaper and quieter but need to get into 'town' for natural therapy sessions and yoga work (I'm assuming maenam doesn't have many choices)

also, is 2000THB too much to pay for one reiki session?

thanks

#1 insearchofsunrise has been a member since 21/8/2006. Posts: 20

Posted by wolfman on 2/11/2006 at 17:04

about 20 min. roughly 50 baht-reiki no clue

#2 wolfman has been a member since 31/5/2006. Posts: 80

Posted by exacto on 3/11/2006 at 10:13

yup, it took us about 20 to 30 minutes for the ride in the back of the songthaew truck, plus a few times we had to wait a while for a truck heading our direction to arrive and pick us up. it's not all that far and a fun ride. the cost is 50B per person each way.

an alternative, if you are an experience motor scooter rider, is to rent a bike. they are as little as 150B for 24 hours rental.

since standard thai massage is available almost everywhere for 200B per hour, i think ten times that much for a reiki session is more that i'd pay. but who cares what i think? what matters is how much you want the session and what you might pay for the same thing back home. in any case, maenam beach has quite a bit going on, so have a look around before you spend the time and money to travel elsewhere looking for massage or restaurants, etc. cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,660
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.