Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

June Juea and Ao Leuk Beaches crowded in August?

Posted by callarda on 6/6/2010 at 21:14

Hi-

I've heard wonderful reviews of June Juea and Ao Leuk beaches as nice getaways without many tourists on Koh Tao. However, if I were there from August 1-5, in the middle of the diving season, does anyone know if these beaches get crowded/ noisy and heavily touristy?

Thanks

#1 callarda has been a member since 21/5/2010. Posts: 25

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/6/2010 at 09:27 admin

Do you mean Kul Jeua? I wouldn't expect either to be overcrowded. Ao Leuk is especially good in August - very calm waters.

have fun!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by SBE on 7/6/2010 at 15:12

Ao Leuk beach got pretty crowded with sunbathers during the day when I was there in February. Should be quiet enough at night though. Going somewhere without any road access at all is usually cuts down the number of people a bit so Kul Jeua might be your best bet.

#3 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,037
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Posted by callarda on 9/6/2010 at 20:20

This is very helpful. My choice now is between staying at Relax Resort on the east coast of Phi Phi or staying at Sai Thong resort or Sunset Bungalows at Kul Jeua. If I want beautiful scenery, very peaceful surroundings (feeling secluded and not touristy), and comfortable accomodation during the week of August 1-6, which would you suggest?

#4 callarda has been a member since 21/5/2010. Posts: 25

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.