Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Phagnan to Phuket

Posted by kerenren on 14/6/2010 at 23:52

What is the easiest way to get from Ko Phagnan to Phuket aside from flying and how long will it take? I want to leave on a Friday and am wondering if it's necesarry to book ahead or just wing it.

#1 kerenren has been a member since 11/5/2010. Posts: 9

Posted by AngelFish78 on 15/6/2010 at 22:24

Take a ferry from Koh Phangan straight to Surat Thani (about 2,5 hours to Donsak pier - first one leaves at 7:00 am but there's one at least 4 times a day), then take a bus from Surat to Phuket (about 6 hours). You can book combi-tickets for the ferry and bus at almost every travel agent at Phangan, or just buy a ticket at the bus. Depending on what time of year you're going, I don't think it's necessary to book ahead. I've just come back from Phangan last weekend and it is very, very quiet right now.

#2 AngelFish78 has been a member since 2/3/2010. Location: Global Village. Posts: 18
 Send AngelFish78 a private message 

Posted by kerenren on 15/6/2010 at 23:45

Thanks! Can this be done overnight or would i have to spend a day getting there?

#3 kerenren has been a member since 11/5/2010. Posts: 9

Posted by yogakhaolak on 16/6/2010 at 09:56

If you get the 7am or 11am ferry you can do it in a day. If you get a later ferry you will miss the last bus and will have to spend a night in Surat Thani .
If you want to do it overnight get the night ferry at 10pm. It will arrive in Surat Thani around 4am. Then you will have to hang around for a couple of hours waiting for the first bus to Phuket.

#4 yogakhaolak has been a member since 1/4/2010. Posts: 45

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.