Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Advice needed about trip length / plans

Posted by cas84utd on 15/6/2010 at 18:26

Hey guys, thanks for taking a sec to read.

I am flying into Bangkok arriving on the evening of 5th July, and flying out of Bangkok on the morning of 1st August. This is my first time doing any travelling of this sort.

I want to see as much/many of the 4 countries as I can but I've been told that I need to be realistic with my time or I'll just feel rushed all the time and not enjoy anything.

Therefore as I only have 26 full days I am thinking of just doing 2/3 countries.

Have no detailed plans as of yet so just wondering what you seasoned travellers would broadly recommend?

Many thanks

#1 cas84utd has been a member since 15/6/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by Nokka on 15/6/2010 at 20:02

You don't mention which 4 countries you wish to see.

Also, let us know a bit more about what may interest you. Do you like cities, beaches, partying, treking, culture, temples.....???? Will you fly between places, or go by bus/train ?

#2 Nokka has been a member since 6/4/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 259
 Send Nokka a private message 

Posted by cas84utd on 15/6/2010 at 21:38

Sorry I meant Thailand Cambodia Laos and Vietnam...

I am 25 so I will want to do beaches / watersports / parties etc. I will also want to see plenty of scenery and culture/temples, but I am not particularly crazy about very long hikes / very difficult terrain.

I will go by plane where possible/sensible I would imagine.

#3 cas84utd has been a member since 15/6/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by yogakhaolak on 16/6/2010 at 10:05

That only gives you a week in each country. Not really ideal. I suggest you chose 2 that most interest you and concentrate on those.

#4 yogakhaolak has been a member since 1/4/2010. Posts: 45

Posted by Nokka on 16/6/2010 at 18:22

Agree with yogakhaolak.

Sounds like you'll spend a fair bit of time on Thai islands. You could also go north in Thailand, perhaps into Laos if that appeals. Trying to do more would be counter-productive.

Do some more research, see what appeals and come back if you have more questions.

#5 Nokka has been a member since 6/4/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 259
 Send Nokka a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.