Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Chang rainy in july? Tips for better stay then

Posted by Jolinde on 22/6/2010 at 18:31

Because we only have a couple a days after our tour threw Isaan/Laos for relaxation I prefer not to go to the southern Islands. (last year we went to Koh Phangang and years ago to Phi Phi also in july, it's great their but we also had pretty much rain)
So, this year i prefer to stay a bit closer to BKK and find a real pretty and unspoiled bounty beach. But offcourse I don't want the risk of (to) much stromy/rainy weather. So, where to go??? Is Chang, or Mak or... a bad choice then? Another option is flying from Udon Thani to Phuket . But honestly Phuket doesn't attract to be (to bussy, to big, nonauthentic, i loved pretty Bottle Beach on Phangan last year, and looking for something familiar). PLease tips; we'are leaving in two weeks already ;-)

#1 Jolinde has been a member since 22/6/2010. Posts: 10
 Send Jolinde a private message   Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/6/2010 at 12:49 admin

July is the second wettest month of the year on Ko Chang . that means it will be absolutely pegging it down! You may get some good weather, but you'd need to be lucky.

That time of year, close to Bangkok, I'd recommend Ko Samet -- it is drier, even in wet season.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/6/2010 at 12:50 admin

Sorry, and meant to say, there is a Thai weather map here

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.