Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok to Cambodia, Cambodia to Ho chi mihn city...by ground transportation

Posted by Iwanatravel on 5/11/2006 at 01:45

I know someone kind of answered this before but i didnt really understand the answers.
I need to get from bangkok to somewhere in cambodia, get hotel maybe for cambodia, and then go from cambodia to ho chi mihn city, is there a fast way to get there by ground?

#1 Iwanatravel has been a member since 5/11/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/11/2006 at 06:22 admin

See this story for information on Bangkok to Siem Reap.

From Phnom Penh to Saigon there are daily buses -- prices start at $6 and the trip takes 6-8 hours, sometimes more if they drag their feet at the border. It's the cheapest way to get to Saigon.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by marklatham on 5/11/2006 at 17:13

Hey Iwana-where's the fire?
You can overland from thailand to poipet to siem riep on buses in about ten hours from bangkok-I think.
But many people get ripped off on this leg,be careful,more research needed.
Then one can bus from SR to PP for bugger all on a pretty good road.
Cambodia has shocking roads,in the dry the Poipet road would be bumpy and dusty,in the wet bumpy and sometimes impassable.
The good new is that one can bus from PP to saigon on the good road in six hours.Check out tales of asia for more info.

#3 marklatham has been a member since 25/6/2006. Posts: 18

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.