Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Best beach/best beachbungalows Koh Samet

Posted by Jolinde on 24/6/2010 at 04:59

What's the most beautiful spot (beach/beachbungalows) to stay at Koh Samet, and do i have to worrie about to much rain next month (july)?

#1 Jolinde has been a member since 22/6/2010. Posts: 10
 Send Jolinde a private message   Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/6/2010 at 11:45 admin

What sort of budget are you looking at? The island is small enough that you can stay just about anywhere and visit beaches on day trips.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,709
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by ambee124 on 3/7/2010 at 04:47

I stayed at 'Jep's Bungalows' http://www.jepbungalow.com/5/

Maybe not the best on offer, but clean, comfortable, next to the beach with a lovely restaurant set up on the beach. Good bars around too.

I went in late July and the weather was great

#3 ambee124 has been a member since 27/2/2010. Posts: 8

Posted by exacto on 3/7/2010 at 09:57

I've spent many happy nights in the Ao Hin Khok area, including places like Jep's and Naga and Little Hut. The beach is pretty good, the night scene fun but not over the top, and the prices friendlier than other places. It is where much of the backpacker crowd hangs out on Samet. From there it is an easy walk to several other interesting beaches too.

Ao Hin Khok is just one beach south of Haad Sai Kaeo, just past the entry fee booth for the "National Park." It is a short and interesting walk from the main ferry boat pier, so if you don't have too much stuff, you could even walk from the pier through the little village and past the entry fee booth.

You'll get a better selection and lower room prices if you arrive midweek. Cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by tezza on 7/7/2010 at 11:11

I don't know about beauty - Samet doesn't have any knock-down-dead fantastic landscape but I reckon Ao Pudsa/Putsa/Tubtim is the best all-round beach - pretty, quiet but only 5 minutes walk from the first of the busier northern beaches, Ao Phai .

And nothing wrong with Ao Phai either - stayed there last March, liked it. Also stayed at Jep's many years back - not bad at all.

Maybe from the point of view of undisturbed nature, a compact beach between 2 highish headlands Ao Nuan just south of Pudsa is most beautiful - but I thought the one bungalow place there was overpriced, trading on its seclusion maybe.

Samet tends to be the driest of the wet season islands in June - having holidayed at the wetter ones often in wet season I would not worry about not getting enough sun.

#5 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.