Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Trat-BKK: Early flight - want to avoid hotel

Posted by tae on 28/6/2010 at 10:16

I've got an 8:00AM flight out of Suvarnabhumi Aiport but want to avoid having to crash in Bangkok. I won't have a lot (if any) money left at this point in my trip and would prefer to not spend it if at all possible. I'll be coming from Koh Maak.

Last time I did this trip I had a late flight, 1:00AM, and my friend and I simply took a morning bus, arrived around 4:00PM and wandered around BKK before cabbing to the airport.

I'm considering taking an even later bus, if there is one, and just squatting at the airport 12 hours or so till my flight (if this is an option). However, I'm thinking there has got to be some kind of super-late bus that'll depart late in the evening out of Trat (letting me stay on that sand that much longer) that'll reduce the amount of time I have to spend trying to sleep on plastic chairs.

Any ideas?

#1 tae has been a member since 28/6/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by Tilapia on 28/6/2010 at 19:17

There are lots of buses leaving from Trat in the evening. Check the schedule out on this site. Hopefully it is still relevant ...

Trat to Bangkok

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,495
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by tae on 28/6/2010 at 19:42

Thanks. I'll see if I can't pick up a more up-to-date schedule when I swing through Trat. I just wanted to confirm that there would be something.

#3 tae has been a member since 28/6/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by Captain_Bob on 29/6/2010 at 02:23

Coming off the ferry from Ko Chang in the late afternoon I've found van drivers waiting with the answers - either their van to Bangkok arriving late evening or a ride to Chantaburi bus station which is the biggest transport hub in the area (bigger than Trat) with the most options. As long as you're ok with doing a quick night on a hard Suvarnabhumi chair/floor you shouldn't need any hotel.

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by exacto on 29/6/2010 at 06:01

Koh Maak isn't that big of an island, and there aren't all that many boats making the trip back to the mainland each day. You'll probably want to sort out at least the timing of your return boat trip as soon as you arrive to make sure you'll be able to get back to the mainland when you want.

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,650
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.