Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Tao ATV rental and safety

Posted by chaimdan on 30/6/2010 at 22:42

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reputable company, I'm here now and would like to rent tomorrow or the next day.

I am interested in two seaters if such a thing exists..

As far as safety is it true that they are more dangerous than scooters?

Thanks

#1 chaimdan has been a member since 12/6/2007. Posts: 17

Posted by cbg0927 on 11/1/2014 at 00:29

When I got to Koh Tao I searched the web for scooter hire here and was pretty discouraged by the results. I'd like to share my experience though so people know of a place where they're not gonna get scammed. A buddy and I rented our scooters from Buddha View 2, a little shop in Chalok on the right side if you're driving from Sairee. Jack is the owner there, he's an Irish dude who's a total straight shooter. 250 baht per day for a 125 scooter. I highly recommend getting one for at least a day on Koh Tao in order to explore the different viewpoints and beaches. My bud dropped his bike which resulted in a few minor scratches and dents, and Jack was completely reasonable in what he charged for the damage done.

#2 cbg0927 has been a member since 30/7/2013. Location: United States. Posts: 62
 Send cbg0927 a private message   Where has cbg0927 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.